As a team we have lived locally for many many years but this is often a question we’re asked when people are considering a move to the area, and whilst our answer is almost always a big YES – there are some considerations to make when deciding if it’s right for you and your family.
Whether living in the more rural countryside or larger villages, Surrey and Sussex can offer a peaceful and scenic lifestyle, away from the hustle and bustle of city living. Both counties have beautiful landscapes with rolling hills, fields, and forests. There are many charming villages and towns with historic buildings and local shops and markets.
The countryside offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, horse riding, and fishing. The area is also known for its cultural attractions such as museums, galleries, and historic sites. There really is something to keep everyone happy.
Our offices are based in Cranleigh, which as it boasts being the largest village in England, has so many benefits. Here are our top 5 reasons we think a move to the area is a good idea:
1. Beautiful Surroundings - Cranleigh is located in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which means that there are plenty of scenic walks, trails, and outdoor activities to enjoy. The village itself is also quite picturesque, with historic buildings and a charming high street.
2. Good Schools - Cranleigh is home to several highly regarded schools, including Cranleigh School and Glebelands School, as well as a choice of local primary schools and within short distance an excellent choice of independent schools too. This makes it a popular choice for families with children who value education.
3. Access to Amenities - Cranleigh has a range of amenities, including shops, restaurants, the Arts Centre, Leisure Centre (with a new building currently going through planning) and pubs. There are also several sports facilities and clubs including both Rugby, Football and Cricket, a library, and numerous clubs and activities for all interests and ages.
4. Commuter Friendly - Cranleigh is well-connected to other towns and cities in the region, with road links to Guildford and Horsham. There are also regular bus services to nearby towns and villages, and a train station in nearby Guildford provides access to London and other destinations.
5. Community Spirit - Cranleigh has an incredibly strong sense of community with amazing volunteer groups. The village hosts several events throughout the year, including a popular carnival and a Christmas market and lights switch on, which bring people together and create a lively atmosphere.
We’re perhaps a little bit biased as to why it’s such a great area to live, but as supporters of a number of the local sports clubs such as the Rugby and Cricket club. We've also more recently had the pleasure to sponsor an amazing Surrey-based community group In2Drama, whose masterclasses and workshops support aspiring young performers aged 11-21, with involvement from industry professionals with connections to UK drama schools, as well as professional film, TV and theatre contacts. We're delighted to be sponsoring a sort after Summer Academy Drama scholarship with In2Drama https://www.in2drama.com/scholarship.
We believe the local area truly has something for everyone!
Ultimately, whether living in the Surrey/Sussex countryside is for you, depends on your personal preferences and lifestyle needs. But our expert team are always on hand to discuss the area with you and provide advice on what to try out and visit so you can truly understand what this corner of the Surrey/Sussex border has to offer you.